Data protection declaration for the use of the „iKNiX 2” app
– As of January 07, 2020 –
Thank you for your interest in the „iKNiX 2” app (hereinafter „iKNiX 2” app).
The iKNiX 2 app is aimed at users of the iKNiX portal and buyers of the KNiX port or the proServ. It enables you to control your KNX installation.
The iKNiX 2 app requires access to the following hardware functions on your device:
- E-Mail (to contact „controLED” from the app)
- Telephone (if you want to use this functionality in your installation)
- Location services (if you want to use beacons in your installation)
- Camera (if you want to use realKNX in this app)
The protection of your data and the safe handling of them are our top priority.
With this data protection declaration we would like to inform you whether and, if so, which personal data we collect from you when using the iKNiX 2 app and what happens to it.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time. The data protection officer will be happy to assist you.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and who can I contact?
controLED GmbH & Co.KG
Tim Skrok and Thorsten Heyna
Marburger Str. 17,
For data protection matters, please contact our data protection officer at:
controLED GmbH & Co.KG
Telefon: 030 – 639 132 95
2. What personal data is processed when using the app?
You do not need to register to use the iKNiX 2 app.
Therefore, you do not have to provide or store any personal data when using the iKNiX 2 app.
The app generally does not process any personal data. You can use the app completely without providing personal information. Data processing does not take place. You (or your system integrator) can determine freely whether and which personal data you need to use for the iKNiX 2 app. If you enter personal data (name etc.) for the respective project, the data will be transferred from there to your mobile device via a secure transmission path and stored there in a secured area (sandbox).
3. For what purpose are the data processed?
If you designate personal data in your projects, we will process it for the following purposes:
Ensuring smooth and comfortable use of our iKNiX 2 app (to display and control of the individual projects).
This data processing takes place on the legal basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 f) GDPR. The necessary legitimate interest in data processing on our part follows from the purposes of data collection listed above.
Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
4. Disclosure of data to third parties
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties.
5. Web analysis, cookies
We do not use web analytics.
6. What should I consider to keep my data safe?
Please note that this application allows you to save confidential data.
To avoid risks such as misuse by third parties – e.g. after theft of the mobile device with which the app is used, we recommend that you
- protect these devices with a code lock, faceID or a secure password,
- always encrypt data backups,
- when entering the data for use, ensure that they are not spied on by third parties.
Data storage on the mobile device and the use of data backup is at your own risk. „ControLED” assumes no liability.
The project data are encrypted with symmetrical encryption methods.
The following encryption methods are used:
symmetrical encryption AES with 256bit key length
8. Your rights
You have the right,
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, unless it was collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, provided that you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you do so in order you need to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- according to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- to revoke your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
The responsible supervisory authority of our company headquarters is the
Berlin-based representative for data protection and freedom of information
Besuchereingang: Puttkamerstr. 16-18 (5th floor)
9. Your right to object
If we process personal data based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation or that the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This data protection declaration can be adapted to new circumstances. We will inform you about changes in content in a suitable manner.